Friday, January 18, 2013

The End


Whelp, I am officially a U.S. citizen again. The good-byes said to everyone were extremely emotional. It's hard when you live your life for 2 months in a different place only to realize that this "life" was temporary and now it's time to leave. I don't think the overwhelming nature of this experience hit me until I stepped off the plane in New York and I am definitely having a hard time adjusting back to the constantly fast-paced American way of life. I miss my family, Phelicia, my teacher, my neighbors and all of the little rascals in my classroom.

This experience has permanently changed my perspective of the world and my thoughts towards what my job is as a teacher. I would like to instill in all of my students how different the world is and that there is no right or wrong way of doing things. Instill in them open-mindedness.

Thanks to everyone who read this blog and learned even a little bit through my experiences. I hope that everyone is blessed with an opportunity in their life that really opens their eyes to what is important and changes them for the better.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment